품질경영 핵심요인이 내부고객만족과 서비스성과에 미치는 영향
- 품질경영 핵심요인이 내부고객만족과 서비스성과에 미치는 영향
- Alternative Title
- An Empirical Study on the Key Factors for Quality Management affecting the Service Performance
- Publication Year
- First, especially management responsibility is highly significant to the service performance. Therefore top management continuously give great consideration to the employee involvement and commitment.
Second, shipping company should focus on the clearness of the employee's perception to target customer and motivates employees to have a customer oriented consciousness.
Third, shipping company should establish adequate countermeasures for the effective process management in the consideration of internal customer's satisfaction.
This study is limited to Korean shipping companies and ship management companies which have been identified as having implemented ISO 9000 and ISM Code. The quality of survey results depends upon the knowledge of its respondents. These individuals were targeted because they were most likely to be knowledgeable about the relationship between key factors of ISO 9000 and service performance. But since there may be variance in the level of knowledge possessed by the participants, systematic variances in the research results may be introduced.
Shipping is perhaps one of the internationally recognized industries. Also it is one of the world's greatest and the most dangerous industries. It has always been accepted that the best way of improving safety at sea is by developing international regulations that are followed by most shipping nations.
Following a number of very serious accidents that occurred during the 1980s, which were manifestly caused by human errors, with management faults also identified as contributing factors, IMO(International Maritime Organization) adopted the ISM Code(International Safety Management Code) for the Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention in 1993. The ISM Code works in a similar way to the ISO 9000, but focuses on assuring the safety management practiced in ship operation. The ISM Code contains many internal and external elements that are comparable to the ISO 9000 standard. For instance, they stress the needs for the purpose of management review that ensures continuing suitability and effectiveness of the organization through reviewing of the corporate policies, objectives and targets. The compliance requirements in document control and recording for the ISM Code are similar to ISO 9000 standards. They also impose strict auditing requirements that monitor the extent to which corporate policy and objectives are being met.
In recent years, the quality and safety requirements in the shipping industries have been more stringent than the previous requirements. For example, OCIMF(Oil Company International Maritime Forum) developed TMSA(Tanker Management & Self Assessment) program for the purpose of further improvement of management quality. And oil majors charter-in the vessel for their own cargoes according to the evaluation of the operating company and vessel on the basis of the TMSA program.
In these regards, it is essential to effective quality management system which can cope with a change in shipping business environment and improve shipping service performance to get competitiveness in the international shipping market. Also ISO 9001:2000 system have become the main stream of quality management in the majority of Korean shipping companies from the mid 1990's under the perception of successful tool for improving quality and other performances.
Many practitioners and researchers advocate that ISO 9001 system can help organizations foster their shipping service performance. Nevertheless, some other researchers advocate that the implementation of a working quality management system can only partially be achieved if the ship operating company does not use the ISO 9001 and ISM Code as it was intended.
Along with this theoretical review, this study on the focus of the Korean shipping company which provides shipping transportation service examined following issues. First, how each of the key factors of ISO 9001 quality management affects service performance, internal customer satisfaction and customer orientation. Second, how the internal customer satisfaction affects service performance and customer orientation. Third, customer orientation affects service performance.
For the purpose of clarifying these questions, the empirical study was carried out by conceptual modeling and hypothesis testing. The Data were collected from 232 employees among 25 shipping companies in Seoul, Yosu, Busan by the using questionnaire method.
Frequency analysis, factor analysis and the structural equation model were used to analyze the data. To verify the reliability and validity of quality management subordinate factors, Cronbach's α and confirmatory factor analysis were processed. The hypothesis tests were conducted with structural equation modeling analysis.
The results of this study are summarized as follows
(1) Management responsibility of the key factor of quality management is crucial if the shipping company really want to improve its service performance and foster internal customer satisfaction and customer orientation.
(2) 'Service and product realization' and 'measurement, analysis and improvement' of two key factors on quality management are regarded 'process management' as one common factor, reflecting recent characterized trend to be stressed the whole process in the individual sector of 'service and product realization' by the advanced ship management system. 'process management' has a positive effect on service performance and customer orientation. However 'process management' does not have a positive effect on internal customer satisfaction. Note that this barrier is related to the employee's incremental difficulties to satisfy the new requirement by the various organizations for auditing and inspection and the lack of mind for the employee to perceive the important role of process management.
(3) Resource management of key factor on quality management has a positive effect on internal customer satisfaction. However resource management does not have a positive effect on internal customer satisfaction.
(4) Internal customer satisfaction and customer orientation produce positive influences to service performances. However internal customer satisfaction does not produce positive influences to customer orientation.
According to this study, quality management of Korean shipping companies are recommended as follows
Appears in Collections:
- 해운경영학과 > Thesis
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.