The development projects throughout the nation and change of the nearby soil quality are creating an environmental problem in the river and coastal areas of which precipitation remains steady with the severe corrosion of earth. Such effluence of soil , in the short term, changes the land formation and ecology of the river and badly influence the surroundings of the coastal areas in the long run. The nutritional seawater which includes nitrogen and phosphorus is one of major factors for the possible pollution in the water.
The water system of the river, as the water source, is intimately related to our everyday lives. Therefore it is important for us to protect and conserve it. Especially, the significant roles of local plants on the riverside are brought to a spotlight as their abilities to purify the water, protect ecosystem, and reduce the effluence of the soil are proven. The experiments ware done using a model waterway, culture experiment, and the field observation for the purpose of understanding the environmental movement of local plants on waterside and riverside. After performing the tests we obtained the results as below.
- ⅶ -
- Field Observation -
1. The changes in amount of water in the river influences the water level
but not deeply related to the concentration level of seawater nutrition.
2. The growth rate of the plants on the waterside was affected by the height of the impermeable layer.
3. The water side soil has close relationship with the concentration level of seawater nutrition and districution of the fine particles which are generated by the local plants.
- Culture Experiment -
1. Transpiration is related only to the change in solar radiation, not to the life of the plant roots.
2. In the growing period of the plants high rate of respiratory amount was yielded with high ratio of nitrogen in the soil.
3. The respiratory amount of the root is closely related to the oxygen level of the soil.
- Experiment with a model waterway -
1. The plants on the riverside influence the stability of the river.
2. The plants on the riverside in the waterway create irregular swirl which