Many high-rise buildings as landmarks are designed and constructed. Its appearance is also becoming diverse, including the Diagrid Structural System. Generally, the behavior of high-rise buildings are more affected by wind loads than seismic loads, and The assessment of acceleration response induced by wind load is required. This study examined the characteristics of the structure system of high-rise buildings and analyzed the characteristics of wind-response acceleration in the high-rise buildings. This study looked for the dynamic characteristics (height, number of floors, and frequency) of high-rise buildings in and out of Korea. The wind response velocity was obtained by using MIDAS GEN, a structural analysis program using KBC2016 type based on architectural structures, for high-rise buildings with Diagrid structural systems. This study also compared and analyzed the wind response velocity of high-rise buildings with Diagrid structural systems according to height using the NBCC95 expression.
The conclusion is as follows
1) The 60-story high-rise Diagrid structure meets the displacement standard of 0.48m(H/500) of the high-rise, The Along-wind acceleration of ISO10137(resident performance evaluation curve) is satisfied with the reference value, but the Across-Wind acceleration significantly exceeds the reference value.
2) For ISO 10137 residential performance evaluation curve acceleration criteria, acceptance criteria vary with frequency. For high-rise Diagrid structural systems, the acceleration of wind response is deemed difficult to satisfy the permissible level.
3) A Diagrid structure with more than 50 stories is applied to the wind response Estimation of NBCC95. For a attenuation ratio of 1%, The Along-wind acceleration and The Across-Wind acceleration will result in values exceeding the permissible value of 2.5%. But below the 48th floor are expected to meet the acceptable 2.5% of NBCC95.
4) Comparing the existing Diagrid structure with the Diagrid structure that changed the plane, The results showed that Along–wind acceleration increases as the displacement of the building increases, and Across–wind acceleration decreases as the average density of the building increases.
5) Place an internal core in a 60-story high-rise diamond structure system. The attenuation ratio is increased to 0.825%, increasing the mean density of the building. Thus, Along - wind acceleration and Across-Wind acceleration can be reduced.