한국해양대학교

Detailed Information

Metadata Downloads

전이금속 나노입자-활성탄 복합체를 이용한 미생물 전해전지의 메탄 생산효율 향상

Title
전이금속 나노입자-활성탄 복합체를 이용한 미생물 전해전지의 메탄 생산효율 향상
Author(s)
김경록
Keyword
미생물전해전지, 종간직접전자전달, 금속 나노-활성탄 복합체, 솔루션플라즈마
Publication Year
2018
Publisher
한국해양대학교 대학원
URI
http://repository.kmou.ac.kr/handle/2014.oak/11641
http://kmou.dcollection.net/common/orgView/200000013798
Abstract
Electromethanogenesis is a form of electrobiofuel production through a microbial electrolysis cell (MEC) where methane (CH4) is directly produced from an electrical current and carbondioxide (CO2) using a cathode. With the aim of maximizing methanogenesis in an MEC, this study utilized granular activated carbon (GAC) and a transition metal catalyst to fabricate nickel (Ni) nanoparticle (NP) loaded GAC (Ni-NP/GAC) composites and incorporated these into MECs. In this set-up, GAC acted as the main electrical conduit for direct interspecies electron transfer (DIET) between exoelectrogens and methanogenic electrotrophs, and the Ni NPs served as a catalyst to further improve microbe-to-GAC electron transfer. The Ni-NP/GAC-composites were prepared using two different methods (microwave irradiation and solution plasma ionization). The Ni NPs were determined to be well doped on the GAC surface according to a field emission scanning electron microscope (FE-SEM) and energy-dispersive X-ray (EDX) spectroscopy analysis. Adding GAC into MECs improved CH4 production. The Ni-NP/GAC composites prepared by solution plasma ionization showed the highest CH4 production (20.7mL), followed by the Ni-NP/GAC composite prepared by microwave irradiation (19.6mL), bare GAC (15.6mL), and GAC-free control (9.6mL). In the methanogenic MECs, 40.6% of CH4 was produced from an electrode reaction (i.e., reduction of CO2 to CH4), and the remaining 59.4% was generated by nonelectrode reactions.



KEY WORDS: Microbial electrolysis cell 미생물전해전지; Solution plasma 솔루션 플라즈마; Direct interspecies electron transfer 종간전자직접전달; Electromethanogenesis 전기적메탄생산; Metal nanoparticle-activated carbon

composite 금속 나노입자-활성탄 복합체
Appears in Collections:
토목환경공학과 > Thesis
Files in This Item:
전이금속 나노입자-활성탄 복합체를 이용한 미생물 전해전지의 메탄 생산효율 향상.pdf Download

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse