- 한국 선용품산업의 활성화 방안
- Alternative Title
- Activation Strategies of the Ship Supply Industry in Korea
- Publication Year
- 한국해양대학교 해사산업대학원
- Activation Strategies
of the Ship Supply Industry in Korea
Department of Economy and Industry
Graduate School of Maritime Industry
of Korea Maritime and Ocean University
Recently, international trade environment is changing rapidly because of the intensifying competition among global companies. Many shipping port operators make efforts in order to strengthen their competitiveness.
Port is not only a loading and unloading place that is passed by ships but also the base of international multimodal transports and international logistics.
In other words, the port must perform the functions of providing total logistics service which includes inventory, transshipment, re-processing, exhibition, convention, and financial service in other to build a cluster bounding port services industry.
Many researchers have pointed out that the port logistics industry needed to be developed further in order to create new values.
Under this environment, the purpose of this study is to provide the activation strategies of the ship supply industry in Korea.
In order to achieve this purpose, firstly, this study analyzed the current situation of ship supply industry in Korea and other advanced countries such as Netherlands, Singapore, and Japan. Secondly, based on a case study, this study derived the problems and proposed the activation strategies of the ship supply industry in Korea.
As the results, the problems of ship supply industry in Korea were as follows :
(1) Increased competition due to excess providers and high operating costs of ship supply company
(2) Complex distribution structures system of ship supply market and traditional order system
(3) Absence of global network, lack of brand power and variety of ship supply
(4) Complex duty drawback procedure and low interest of government and local government
Consequently, the activation strategies of the ship supply industry in Korea were as follows :
(1) Activating operations of the International Shipping Supply Center and Shipsuppliers and Services Association.
(2) Activating e-commerce in the ship supply market
(3) Pursuit of shared growth through taking part in the integrated maritime industry clusters involved
(4) The government's policy support on ship supply industry
KEY WORDS : ship supply industry 선용품산업
shared growth 동반성장
port logistics industry 항만물류산업
case study 사례연구
Appears in Collections:
- 경제산업학과 > Thesis
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.